|The Feldenkrais Method®|
The Feldenkrais Method® is a system which teaches, through movement, how to improve all aspects of everyday functioning.
Through the Feldenkrais process of developing self-awareness, each person discovers and learns new ways of using his/her entire self – body and mind. The process stimulates self-development and encourages people of all ages and abilities to continue learning more efficient, easier ways of moving. By expanding the self-image through movement sequences that bring attention to the parts of the self that are usually ignored, the Feldenkrais Method enables you to include more of yourself in your functioning movements.
Copyright 2005, Rosalie O'Connor.
|Benefits of the Feldenkrais Method:
|Who can benefit from Feldenkrais Method?
Some areas where the Feldenkrais Method® is traditionally applied include (partial list):
- Performing arts: dancers, musicians, and actors.
- Athletics: skiers, runners, golfers, bikers, and other sport athletes.
- Martial arts.
- People whose movement has been restricted by injury, or who are experiencing chronic or acute pain.
- Seniors, who can retain or regain their ability to move without strain or discomfort, and achieve greater range of motion and flexibility.
- Rehabilitation of brain injuries from accidents or strokes
- Sleeping disorders due to insomnia or pain
- Pregnancy: early on and throughout pregnancy, labor and delivery, and postpartum
- Anyone who wants to feel more comfortable in his/her body.